Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The folk at Blizzard

These are the people behind some really big PC based games, including World of Warcraft, which I play.  I don't play all that much, but I still enjoy going and seeing the stories which are coming out.  Some of them are laugh out loud, and others are sobering.  I play for the stories.
 I have been having fun with the Pandaria beta (and enjoying being on a European server with multilingual discussions about the game).

I like the big, crazy ideas, the jokes within the game from things outside (and brilliant example of this is an area with lots of Lewis Caroll references).  Playing World of Warcraft has changed how I think about games, and it has led to me try more in that area.  I have also been much more aware of some of the crazy (in a bad way) writing about games and appreciate the balanced views many (but not all) journalists provide in this area.

World of Warcraft is a big and complex world, and I an inspired by the people who created it, and who keep developing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment